Contest and Sweepstakes Terms and Conditions
We will periodically conduct online sweepstakes, competitions, contests, or other promotions. The following Terms and Conditions will apply to all contests. Additional contest-specific rules and regulations will be found on the contest’s primary page.
- BBQ Outlets is the primary coordinator and owner of contests conducted on BBQOutlets.com.
- There is no purchase necessary to participate in our online sweepstakes or contests.
- Employees of BBQ Outlets and their family members, and anyone else connected in any way to administering the competition, are not permitted to enter the competition.
- Signing up for the competition indicates your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to receive emails and/or alerts via social media throughout the duration of the contest, as needed.
- The entry and closing date for each contest is clearly listed on the individual contest’s primary page.
- Winners will be notified by email, text, phone call(s), or (when stated) social media alert(s). If the winner cannot be reached or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, BBQ Outlets reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and designate a replacement winner.
- Winners are chosen by random at the listed date and time, and BBQ Outlets will notify the winner within 72 hours with information on claiming their prize.
- Winners and participants agree to the use of their name and image in any publicity material. Winners and participants’ personal data will only be used in accordance with the scope of the contest and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. Prizes are generally not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and BBQ Outlets reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equal or greater value without giving notice.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to entrants via any third party or parties connected with the competition.
- BBQ Outlets reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God, or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation, or other event outside of the promoter’s control. BBQ Outlets will notify entrants as soon as possible if any changes are made to the competition.
Defective and Damaged Products
This isn’t a common occurrence, but if your product is defective, you should first check the manual to see how the manufacturer handles that process. If you’re asked to contact us, we will help you through the manufacturer’s warranty process, only if it is still within the manufacturer’s warranty period. Please be aware that you will need to provide us with the product serial numbers, a description of the issue, and pictures and/or video showing the issue.
First, we will try to remotely troubleshoot the issue with you to verify that the product is indeed defective. If we determine it is, we’ll report the defect to the manufacturer to begin your claim. The manufacturer will then either approve or reject your claim. If the claim is approved, service, parts, repair, or a combination of these, will be provided to you in accordance with the manufacturer’s warranty. We will let you know if any parts need to be returned to the manufacturer for quality control purposes.
BBQ Outlets is not responsible for reimbursing any labor costs or for any project delays that may occur as a result of the defective product. We recommend you wait to schedule your installation until after your order has been delivered and you’ve fully inspected it. You should open and inspect your products for visible defects and damage within 48 hours of delivery.
Please note we will not facilitate claims to the manufacturer for defective items that are outside of the manufacturer’s warranty period. At this point, you will be able to purchase replacement parts or whole units through BBQOutlets.com, as long as the item is not discontinued.
We ask you to carefully open and inspect all of your items upon delivery and report any damage to us within five business days of delivery. You should even inspect your products if you are not installing it right away, because we do not offer refunds, store credits, free parts, or take returns if you tell us about the damage more than 5 business days after delivery. You should keep all of the original packaging and parts and not use the item in any way in case it needs to be returned to us.
If you see visible damage and are able to refuse the shipment with the carrier, please do so. If you have already accepted the item, inspect the box and inner items/contents and report damage to us within 5 business days of delivery via 800-437-4188. As long as the item is not used in any way, we will offer parts or a discount if you’d like to keep the item as is, or allow a return for a refund or replacement.
If you would like to keep the item as is for a discount, you must reply to us within 5 business days of receipt of our discount offer to either accept or reject the offer. Do not use the product until after a final offer or resolution is agreed upon.
If you report damage to us more than 5 business days after receipt of the shipment, we will not be able to offer or provide refunds, store credits, or free parts. We will only be able to sell you replacement parts for a repair at this point because this is outside of our time frame to file any claims with the carrier, manufacturer, or shipping warehouse. We will not approve any returns, so you are free to use the item if you wish and it is safe to do so. Please note that we may require pictures of the item to help you determine what replacement parts are needed.
Security of our customers’ data is one of our top priorities. All orders made on BBQOutlets.com take place over a secure connection and data is encrypted with the highest standards and latest technologies possible. We frequently verify the security of our site and transactions.
We respect that you may want to keep your personal information private, so we will never give any of your information to other companies without your consent.
BBQOutlets.com is designed to be used only by individuals age eighteen (18) years old and up. If you are under eighteen (18), you should not provide any personal information to us.
Third Party Service Providers and Social Networks
We use a third-party service provider to place ads across the Internet on our behalf. They may collect information about your visits to our web site and your interaction with our products and services, and use this information to target advertisements to you. This anonymous information is collected through a pixel tag, which is standard technology that is used by most major web sites.
We also use a third party to send our email alerts. If you choose to sign up for any of our email alerts, the third party will have access to your email only for the purpose of sending correspondence related to BBQ Outlets only. They only have authorization to use your email address for this purpose. If you wish to unsubscribe to our email alerts, you can use the unsubscribe link on any email message we send or contact us at email@example.com.
Our site uses single sign-on services to allow you to sign in to our site using your third-party social network (for example, Facebook) login credentials so you can link your social network profile to your account. Once these accounts are connected, you will be able to post on the third-party web site from our site and interact with others from the third-party site(s). We have the right to access available information from your third-party social network profile including your name, profile picture, gender, friends list, email address, wall posts, and news feed.
Adobe Experience Cloud Device Co-op
We use the Adobe Experience Cloud Device Co-op to understand how you use our website and other apps across the various devices you use, as well as to deliver tailored promotions. The information is collected without directly identifying the person involved.
Information We Collect
BBQ Outlets, our service providers, and partners, may collect information your provide in a variety of ways, including when you:
- Register for a BBQ Outlets account with your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- Make information available to us when you log in through a social networking site.
- Express interest in buying a product from our site.
- Use the chat feature on our website.
- Apply for credit with one of our finance partners.
- Use a payment card for one our products and/or services.
- Subscribe to our emails.
- Provide us with feedback or participate in surveys and Participate in sweepstakes or other promotions.
Automatically Collected Information
Information may be collected and/or aggregated through automated means regarding your use of our site, including:
- Your IP address.
- The browser and operating system you use.
- The date and time you accessed our site, what pages you visit, and if you linked from or to another website, and what the address of that website is.
- Email you open and links you click on within those emails.
- Your ISP or mobile carrier and the type of device you used.
Technologies used to automatically collect information include cookies, local shared objects, and web beacons. Cookies are small identifiers sent from a web server and stored on your device to identify your browser or store information settings. Local shared objects, or Flash cookies, may store your preferences or personalize your visit to our site based on content you have viewed on various other sites. A web beacon, Internet tag, pixel tag, or clear GIF links web pages to web servers and their cookies. Anonymous advertising identifiers are used similarly to cookies on mobile devices. The term “Data Technologies” also includes all current and similar future technologies.
Data Technologies may be used on the BBQOutlets.com site, as well as other sites and mobile applications (including those other than our site), by us, by another party on our behalf, or by third parties in accordance with their privacy policies. Data Technologies may also be used by us and others to transmit information to you or about you, in connection with information from different sources, website, devices, and mobile applications.
We may use a trackable toll-free telephone number in advertisement or on our site that has been uniquely generated. If you call one of these numbers, we, or a service provider acting on our behalf, may collect non-personally identifiable information about the call like date, time, and duration of the call, as well as personally identifiable information such as your name and number you called us from.
You consent to BBQOutlets.com targeting and tracking videos you view through the site or third-party social media for up to two years or as permitted by applicable law.
We may collect information on your physical location that is precise enough to allow us to locate a specific person or device when you download or use our site. We may use and provide this information to third parties to provide relevant location-based content and services like advertising and search results to improve our site, as well as content and services that may be relevant to your interests.
Publicly Posted Information
Information you make public and available to us and others via social media networks, forums, blogs, list serves, chat rooms, and the like, is public information that we or others may share or use in accordance with the law.
Combined Information and Information from Other Sources
Information you provide to us may be combined with information that is automatically collected and information we receive from our affiliates and other sources. This information may include your use of our and other sites, devices and mobile applications, and information from our affiliates and other sources.
How We May Use Information Collected
We may use the collected information for the following purposes:
- Everyday business purposes such as establishing and managing your user account, providing products and services you request, processing and collecting payments, and providing customer support.
- Offering other products or services to you.
- Communicating about and administering your participation in special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions.
- Evaluating and improving our business, including developing new products and services and analyzing the effectiveness of products, services, applications, and websites.
- Diagnosing and addressing technical and service problems.
- Analyzing data including market and consumer research, trends, demographics, and financial analysis.
- Delivering content including advertising that is relevant to your interests based on your browsing and usage history from both our site and other sites and applications.
- Complying with applicable legal requirements and our policies and contacting you via telephone, text, or chat. We will obtain your consent to contact you when and in the manner required by law.
Social Media, Applications, and Widgets
Advertising customized based on predictions generated over time from your visits across different websites, devices, and mobile applications is called online behavioral or interest-based advertising. We may partner with advertising networks who deliver targeted advertisements to consumers and generate statistics and metrics related to delivering interest-based advertisements. Advertising networks may use information collected through Data Technologies to provide us, our affiliates, and other advertisers with customization, auditing, research and reporting. This data collection may take place on our site and third-party websites and mobile applications. Our advertising networks may use this information for determining or predicting characteristics and preferences of their respective advertising audiences, as well as measuring the effectiveness of their advertising in accordance with their privacy policies. This process allows us to deliver targeted advertising, enhance our marketing programs, and track the effectiveness of our efforts.
We do not provide information directly associated with a specific person such as name and address to advertising networks when you interact with or view a customized advertisement. However, we may share your information with a third party advertiser that will assume you are interested in the subject matter when you make a purchase on BBQOutlets.com.
Information We Share
We do not sell or share information about you that we collect or receive except as explained below:
- Our Service Providers. We may engage third parties to provide services offered through or in connection with our site on our behalf. We require these providers to keep this information confidential and only use the information to perform the services specified by us in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement.
- Co-Sponsored Promotions. We may share information you provide when participating in a survey, sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion that is co-sponsored by BBQ Outlets and a third party, with that third party. After the information is provided to those third parties, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to their privacy policies and practices. Promotions conducted on behalf of BBQ Outlets and a third party will include branding from both us and the third party.
- Credit Applications. If you apply for credit on the BBQOutlets.com site with us or any third party, you will need to provide personal information as part of the application including your address, credit information and history, employment, and other financial information. We may share this information with the financial partners so they can process your application and use the information in accordance with their privacy policies, but we will not use your personal financial information for interest-based advertising.
- Corporate and Asset Transactions. If we sell or transfer any substantial part of our business, we may transfer all information we have collected and stored, including personal information, to the party or parties involved in the transaction.
- Other. We may access or disclose information including personal information to:
- Protect or defend our interests, legal rights, or property of BBQ Outlets and our affiliates.
- Protect the rights, interests, safety, and security of users of our site or members of the public.
- Protect against fraud or for risk management purposes or comply with applicable law or legal processes.
You have the right to make certain decisions about how we communicate with you. You may:
- Choose not to provide personal information, knowing that may impact your ability to register or receive a certain product or service.
- Unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us.
- Decline our initial sharing location information invitation or opt out by changing the location services settings on your device, knowing that certain features may not function properly or at all if you opt out.
- Choose not to call us if you do not wish to use a uniquely generated telephone number.
Please note the following regarding decisions about certain Data Technologies:
- Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser’s settings to decline cookies.
- You may render some web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies and disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons by changing the add-on’s settings.
- If you choose to decline cookies or similar Data Technologies, certain features may not function properly or at all as a result.
- You may be able to adjust the use of advertising identifiers on mobile devices through the settings on your device.
Your California Privacy Rights
This PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS supplements the information contained in the Privacy Statement of BBQ Outlets and applies solely to consumers who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with an individual consumer, household, or device (“personal information”). We have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
The following examples are taken directly from California Consumer Privacy Act. BBQ Outlets collects at least one of the example items from each category.
- Identifiers - A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law. Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
- Commercial information Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Biometric information Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as fingerprints, faceprints and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
- Internet or other similar network activity Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data Physical location or movements.
- Sensory data Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information. Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly and indirectly from activity on our website (www.BBQOutlets.com). For example, from customer submissions through our website or customer usage details collected automatically.
- From other third-parties. For example, Facebook and Twitter.
- Phone Calls between you and BBQ Outlets.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Category A: Identifiers.
- Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
- Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
- Category I: Inferences drawn from other personal information.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers. For example, sharing information with a marketing campaign service provider.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased and disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California users to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed certain information about you to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California users who wish to request further information in compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices and policies may contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected about you and retained, subject to certain exceptions in the CCPA. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies, and we will direct our service providers to similarly delete your personal information from their records.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a “verifiable consumer request” (defined below) to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only you or someone you authorized to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
A verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide enough information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with enough detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not deny you goods or services, charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties, provide you a different level or quality of goods or services, or suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Do Not Track
Online Tracking Policy for California Residents. As of the effective date of this Privacy Statement, there is no commonly accepted response for Do Not Track signals initiated by browsers, therefore we do not respond to them.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, our Privacy Statement, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at email@example.com.
Access and Correction
Access to information that we collect and maintain about you may be available to you. For example, if you created a password-protected account within the BBQ Outlets Sites, you can access that account to update the information you previously provided. Additionally, if you believe that information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated in the "How to Contact Us" section below.
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical security measures designed to safeguard information about you in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. Of course, despite these measures, we cannot guarantee perfect security of networks, servers and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
If you choose to visit the BBQ Outlets Sites, your visit and any dispute regarding privacy is subject to this Privacy Statement and our Visitor Agreement, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Louisiana.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement to provide clarification or notice of changes to our practices. If we make changes, we will revise the date at the top of this Privacy Statement. We will provide you with additional notice of material changes by posting notice of the changes for thirty (30) days before we implement those changes.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professional Services Disclaimer
BBQ Outlets does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, data, advertising, products, goods, or services available (or not) from or through any third party or Service Provider. You agree that if you use or rely on these items, BBQ Outlets is not directly or indirectly responsible or liable for any damage or loss caused in connection with such use or reliance. Your dealings with any Service Providers and any other terms, conditions, representations, or warranties associated with such dealings, are between you and the Service Provider exclusively and do not involve BBQ Outlets. Please carefully investigate or look into the resources you feel are necessary or appropriate before hiring or engaging any Service Providers.
Sales Tax Information
Items sold by BBQ Outlets and shipped to locations in the US, including territories may be subject to tax. Below is a non-exhaustive list of states BBQ Outlets is required to collect and remit sales tax to:
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
*The State of Alabama created the Simplified Sellers Use Tax program (SSUT) under Statute § 40-23-192. The SSUT program allows eligible sellers to collect, report and remit a flat eight percent (8%) sellers use tax on all sales made into Alabama. ***No tax is charged when purchasing gift cards; however, purchases paid for with gift cards may be subject to tax.
How tax is calculated
The amount of tax charged on your order depends on many factors, including the following:
- The identity of the seller
- The shipment or delivery address of your order
Item Information and Pricing
BBQ Outlets reserves the right to change product information or pricing at any time. As a result, it is possible that prices on our website may not be accurate. If you purchase an item off BBQOutlets.com before we have updated our prices, you will be notified and given the option to cancel your order or pay the difference. If the price of an item in your order is lowered after your purchase was made, we will not refund the difference to you. Please note that we will occasionally show a picture on our website that does not match a product exactly but will help illustrate what it will look like. Examples of this include but are not limited to: products offered in multiple colors but we only show an image of one color, or products where we show a photo of a certain sized item but offer it in other sizes. If this happens, we will ship you the item you order, even if it varies slightly from the image shown. Please check the product information and specs before placing your order.
Exclusions to Discount Offers
A promotional coupon code or discount may not work for all brands or products. Some of our products are already priced at the minimum price the manufacturer will allow us to advertise. Unless specifically stated otherwise, the following brands are excluded from BBQ Outlets’ promotions and special offers. This list is subject to change without notice. If you enter a valid coupon code for a product from one of the manufacturers on this list, the code will alert you that it is not a valid offer.
- Fire Magic
California Consumer Privacy Act Request Form
California residents are permitted to request access and request to delete personal information and/or categories of personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Please note that a request to delete this information does not ensure completion of the request under circumstances that may not require or permit the deletion of the requested information. In order to make this request, please fill out the form below.